[FAQ] Why files could not be opened any more on Android 11?

After recent update, when you open ever added files(those linked by path, not imported), it shows: "This file could not be opened. [file path]: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)"

To resolve it, please import the files into Reasily using the [+] button, OR add the folder of the books by the [folder+] button in the drawer menu of the book list, files in the folder will be automatically added to the book list.

This issue is caused by a new limitation by Google. On Android 11, newly updated apps can no longer access files directly by path (except some special apps with specially allowed permission).

Sorry for the inconveniences. What we developers can do is following Google's new security policies.

Comments

  1. Can you publish a version that have access to all files somewhere outside play store? I am using Reasily for years now and I always loved the simple design of it. When I heard about this update for the first time I solved it the easiest way - I didn't update the app. But sadly Play store decided to randomly change "don't update my apps" to "update when on wifi". And so here I am. Don't really want to reinstall old version as it means adding every single book again. Hence my request. Would it be possible to have version that is not limited, somewhere outside play store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. Due to time constraints, I cannot maintain multiple versions. The latest update also scans subfolders of the specified book folders, I think it is enough in most scenarios.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[FAQ] How to upgrade to Pro version?

Reasily now available on Amazon Appstore

[FAQ] How to add books without copying them into Reasily?